Delivery, Terms and the Law
The UK Knife Law:
You can carry a non locking, folding knife with a cutting edge of less than 3inch in any place in the UK that doesn’t have restrictions specifically against pointed or bladed instruments e.g. airports. If you need to use a locking knife or a fixed bladed knife for added safety then you may be required to give ‘good reason’ for carrying it if asked to do so by a Police Officer. Pursuit of a leisure activity such as fishing, camping, hunting, or as a work tool or for a trade e.g. joiner, plumber or farmer are, in our opinion, good reasons to carry such items.
We also consider travelling to or from the place where you need a knife to be good reason too. However, if you are driving to or from such places, we do suggest that you treat your knife in the same way as you treat the rest of your kit. Having your knife on your person whilst in charge of a motor vehicle is very much a grey area so unless you have good reason for having the knife on your person whilst driving, keep it somewhere that is inaccessable whilst driving such as the boot of your car. Having a knife on your person whilst driving without good reason can, in some circumstances, be considered dangerous as it is to hand if the driver was to be involved in a road rage incident.
UK Orders Below £30.00:
Standard: 3-6 Day Uninsured (not recommended for high value orders) – £1.95
Priority: 2-3 Day Insured Service – £3.95
Express: Next working day (1-2 days for Highlands and Islands) – £6.95
UK Orders Over £30.00:
Priority: 2-3 Day Insured Service – Free
Express: Next working day (1-2 days for Highlands and Islands) – £6.95
UK Orders Over £100.00:
Express: Next working day (1-2 days for Highlands and Islands) – Free
Europe Standard: 5-8 Day European Uninsured – £5.95
Europe Priority: 3-5 Day European Insured – £9.95
Europe Express: 1-2 Day Insured via courier – £35.00
Rest of World Orders:
World Standard: 7-10 Day Uninsured (not recommended for high value orders) – £9.95
World Priority: 5-7 Day Insured (recommended for higher value orders) – £14.95
World Express: 2-4 Day Insured via courier – £45.00
3-5 Day Japanese Insured via courier – £34.95
1) All delivery timescales provided are estimates only. Although the majority of shipments will arrive prior to or within the estimated dates, delays are occasionally inevitable.
2) All uninsured parcels are sent at the purchaser’s risk. Uninsured parcels cannot be tracked and are not insured against damage or loss to the parcel or its contents. The facility to select an uninsured shipment is available, although we always recommend choosing an insured shipping method.
3) Please note that Next Working Day deliveries are not guaranteed for Highlands and Islands but should be delivered within 1-2 days.
4) Although we endevour to ship all next working day orders the same day, it is not always possible to do so after certian times in the afternoon depending on the size of your order. Therefore, for a guaranteed Next Working Day delivery, please ensure that your order is placed by 12 noon (GMT) for it to qualify for guaranteed same day dispatch. Next day deliveries are guaranteed to be delivered between Monday and Friday, they are not guaranteed to be delivered on Saturday. If you require a Saturday delivery then please contact us.
5) Collect in store: orders will be held for collection for a period not exceeding 7 days unless otherwise agreed in writing. Orders not collected within this period will be reintroduced to stock and may incur a restocking charge. Where the collect in store option has been chosen and has later been upgraded to a shipping option, shipping charges will be charged at the published rate. Any additional handling charges will also require payment prior to despatch. All alterations should be notified in writing.
6) Restocking and Handling charges will be levied independently, or as a combined charge at the discretion of the company. Restocking charges and Handling fees are listed below;
Restocking charge: 15% of the invoice value of the goods
Handling charge: will not exceed 15% of the invoice value of the goods.
The above shipping rates do not cover trade or wholesale orders. Please contact us for further details.
Returns: In the unlikely event of any merchandise being found to be defective it will be eligible for replacement if reported and returned to us within seven days from the date of despatch. Under the United Kingdom’s Distance Selling Regulations, you have the right to cancel the contract for the purchase of any of these items within a period of 7 working days, beginning with the day after the day on which the item is delivered. This applies to all of our products. However, we regret that we cannot accept cancellations of contracts if the delivery has been unsealed. A return of non-defective goods which have been unsealed or that are outside of the 7 working day deadline for credit or refund will incur a restocking charge of 15%. The goods and packaging must be in full, resalable condition to qualify and must be returned to STS (North Wales) Ltd within 30 days of receipt of your order. A credit will not be issued until the goods have been received and inspected by us. Items returned outside of our 30 day cut off period are not always accepted and charges will be levied independently at our discretion so please contact us prior to returning items.
Cancellation Policy: As most orders are shipped with in 48 hours of receipt, orders may be cancelled in writing via email and with out penalty, up to 24 hours after the order has been placed.
Company policy on age. We do not supply Knives, Knife making materials or Edge tools to persons under 18 years of age. If purchasing please state your date of birth to confirm that you are over 18 years of age to comply with the offensive weapons act 1996. Please note that we also confirm age using the electoral register. If you do not appear on the UK electoral register then we will contact you for further information in accordance with the 2006 Violent Crime Reduction Act. Please note that It is now an offence to sell a knife, Knife making materials or Edge tools to persons under the age of 18 years. It is also illeagal to provide incorrect or fake identification. Any orders made by any persons under the age of 18 will be cancelled immediately. We withold the right to cancel any orders if we are not fully satisfied with the information provided.
Disclaimer : The points above are our opinions based on our understanding of UK Statute and Case Law and are intended as a guide only. For proper legal advice you should consult a solicitor as such we accept no responsibility or liability for these comments.
Payment: All orders must be covered by full remittance, including insurance if required. Cheques should be made payable to STS North Wales Ltd. International customers (including Eire), should make payment in pounds by either one of the following; major Credit or Debit Cards, Visa, Delta, MasterCard, Switch, Amex or PayPal.
Orders accompanied by a cheque will be held for clearance. Please allow up to 10 days.
Special Offers: Special offers are of limited duration only and are liable to be withdrawn without notice on expiration of special offer stock. Payment sent for offers not available will be refunded in full. Selected items of pre owned stock are exempt from all offers and discounts including the use of dicount or coupon codes.
VAT & Tax: VAT is charged at the rate dictated by HM Revenue and customs at the time of placing the order. The VAT amount is included in the purchase price shown on the site.
General Conditions of Trading: We reserve the right to alter the above terms and conditions as and when trading conditions demand.
These items can not be paid for by Postal Orders or Cash.
A full list of Terms and Conditions are available upon request.
The placing of an order will be taken as acceptance of our full Terms and Conditions.